We currently have 2 jobs going, both in our sales team.
Head of Sales
We’re looking for someone to head up our sales function. This is a great opportunity to work directly with the founders to establish the Peppersmith sales strategy and growth plan and then lead its implementation.
- Lead the charge in acquiring new distribution and increase stocking points. Peppersmith is a multi-channel business so needs a plan that spans grocery, convenience, speciality and national wholesalers, contract catering, pharmacies and dentists.
- Management of all new and existing accounts ensuring industry leading standards of quality, service and attention to customer needs. Our current customers include Waitrose, Sainsburys, Holland & Barrett, Ocado, WH Smith, Whole Foods Market, SSP and thousands of independents so you must like being busy and also be able to prioritise and focus
- Building brand support is key to growth and you will be expected to lead customer marketing programmes and promotions to drive penetration and rate of sale
- Selling new product introductions into customers including price and support negotiations.
- Managing the existing team members and the growth of the team. You would be expected to initially manage two reports and expand the team in line with our distribution growth.
- As this is a multi-channel, multi-product role, a fairly wide experience in sales would be favourable including field sales, wholesalers and national account management.
- People management, a high level of organisation, proven record of building strategy and execution will all be essential.
- It would be a huge advantage if you’ve worked at another challenger food and drink brand rather than just with the big multinationals. You should also be educated to a degree level achieving at least a 2:2 from a good university.
- Competitive salary, bonus and access to our employee share scheme.
- As a start-up, there’s no company car allowance but we do have a bike to work scheme and free issue spokeydokeys
How to apply
Please send a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Sales Exec
We’re looking for a field sales superstar to join the growing Peppersmith team.
Your role will be to champion our independent outlets, both finding new places to stock Peppersmith and growing our business through existing outlets. These premium stores were some of our very first stockists and represent the heartbeat of our business. Like us, they’re owned and operated by passionate people who really care about the food and drink they sell.
- Following up new leads and proactively heading out to find new places to stock our range.
- Growing business through our existing independent stores by selling in new products and working with them to increase our rate of sale.
- Communicating and managing promotions and specials offers and getting physical marketing materials to store.
- Managing our database of independent customers and smaller chains. Keeping all activity, changes and new additions up to date.
- Making sure that all customer orders, either from our distributors or direct to us, are fulfilled as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Contributing to the wider sales team, helping to implement new listings or promotions in some of the larger chains, for example, making merchandising visits to new stores.
- As part of a small team you will also be expected to get stuck into all other areas of the business as needed, including helping out at events, sampling, assisting with marketing activities, having supply chain duties and generally mucking in wherever required. This will include the odd weekend.
- This role would suit a fresh graduate with a real desire to get involved in a start-up business.
- You must have a passion for sales, business, food & drink brands and be able to demonstrate a real entrepreneurial spirit.
- Previous sales experience is a bonus but the role is open to anyone bright and hungry enough to make a difference to our growing business.
- You should be able to sell ice to the Inuits, sand to the Saudis, bumbags to kangaroos etc etc.
- Your time will be split between being out on the road and in our office. You should expect to spend at least three days a week out and about visiting stores.
- You should be confident in using Microsoft Office programs especially Outlook and Excel, be able to work independently and proactively and manage your own time and responsibilities.
Salary £19-22k plus bonus depending on previous experience
How to apply
Please email us your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com plus answers to the following questions:
- Give us your best example of when you’ve sold something to somebody. This could be a physical item or an idea.
- Tell us about a time when you’ve used your initiative to solve a problem or make something happen.
- If you were to visit a small, premium coffee shop, what three things would you tell them to convince them to stock our mints?
- If you were given £250,000 to fund your own business, what venture would you start?
If there’s nothing here that takes your fancy, you can keep in touch with new opportunities by signing up to our email newsletter: